Monday, November 17, 2008

Single focus


I've been spinning away at the yellow/green/blue BFL because I can't wait to knit with the finished result. I was originally thinking of making a baby blanket for some friends but I've changed my mind. Now I'm thinking about a nice lap blanket/shawl. It would make a great Christmas present if I can stand to part with it. It really depends what kind of yardage I end up with.

I've spun up one bobbin full and I've got enough fiber for at least another half bobbin. Once it is all spun up I will wind it off onto the niddy noddy and count my yardage. Then I will divide it into 3 equal balls and ply them together. This is what I did for the sample and I'm pleased with how it worked.

I've really fallen in love with how the hand spun knits up. It is soft and has beautiful drape and is full of character. Commercial yarns just can't compete.

I will set aside the hand spun soon, though. I've still got a couple of sweaters that are a bit of sewing and some knitted edging away from being finished. I've decided that I want to get them both done by the end of this month. We'll see how this goes.

Now back to my spinning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very clever and esthetic pcture.

Joan

Unknown said...

Sorry for the 'merican spelling of aesthetic. In the middle of tearing this apart I picked up the wrong dictionary. Mia culpa (if I have spelled this correctly).