Thursday, November 6, 2008

Off to knit night


Since my evening will be consumed by coffee and chatting with other knitters, I'm actually posting during the day. I've added a couple more stripes to the body of the sweater and I'm sure I'll add a few more by the end of the day. This is not the most portable project to take to a knit night but I can't imagine working on something else tonight.

It will be nice to be working on something other than socks at a Montreal knitting get together. Last time I went I actually cast on a new pair of simple socks since I only had sweaters that needed sewing on the go. (Yes those sweaters still need to be sewed up and finished. Just as soon as I'm finished this sweater... and maybe all of my Christmas knitting.)

I have to say that I am very grateful for welcoming knitting groups. It is so nice to have an easy way to get out and meet people in a new city. Montreal has several knitting groups that meet about once every two weeks. So far I have been to the NDG knitting night (it is the closest to me) and the Plateau knitting night. There is also a Sunday downtown knitting night that I'd like to go to and one at Ariadne knits. It is nice to have so much choice; if you want to go out knitting on any given week there is somewhere to go.

So hurray for knit nights and hurray for Ravelry which makes finding them easy.

1 comment:

Briley said...

Wow, you seem to be moving rather wuickly with that.