Thursday, November 13, 2008

A warm hat

After joking a couple of days ago about knitting a new project in a day, late this afternoon I cast on for a simple hat in bulky wool and now I have a new finished object.

Pattern: Ysolda's Urchin

Yarn: Malabrigo Aquarella. I had 2 skein in the same colourway but differnt dye lots so I alternated wedges. I'm not sure if I ended up using more than one skein total, but I do have leftovers.

Needles: 8 mm. I could easily have gone up a needle size (and technically I should have because I didn't get gauge with the 8mm) but 8mm was the largest sized needle I have.

This is a great little project. It is knit on straight needles, which I love but don't use enough, and is simple garter stitch. So pretty and so quick.

Tomorrow I'll tuck in my ends and neat up the top and then it should be ready to wear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the colours. It looks like a January hat.

Joan

K said...

I love Ysolda's patterns! Do you read her blog?

I live in Edinburgh, as does she, and I actually spotted her at a Neil Gaiman reading a couple of weeks ago. But I was too shy to say hello. I've been kicking myself since!