Sunday, November 2, 2008

6 random things

Last Thursday OzB tagged me to do the 6 random things meme. Since I used up many of my current pictures in my last post, it seemed like a good idea to do the picture-less post today.

The rules:

Link to the person who tagged you [check]. Post the following rules on your blog [check]. Write six random things about yourself [check]. Tag six people at the end of your post [skipped]. Let each person know he or she has been tagged. Let the tagger know when your entry is up [I'm sure she'll spot this].

Random Facts About Me:

1. I have a pet snake named Slithergadee (from a Shel Silverstein poem). She is currently pretty active because she is trying to pick out the perfect spot to hibernate (and probably looking for some fellow snake to spend the winter with). I know that she is a she because most springs she lays a bunch of unfertilized eggs. [edited to change 'fertilized' to 'unfertilized'. Wishful thinking got the better of my typing I guess.]

2. I spent the summer of 2003 looking for Meteorites as part of the Prairie Meteorite Search. Thanks to this I have handled a variety of meteorites and know that most meteorites are magnetic.

3. I learned to crochet well before I learned to knit. I was 12 or 13 when I started to crochet hats. I was 25 when I asked my mother to teach me to knit so that I could make a baby blanket for the best friend of one of my brothers. I have never followed a written crochet pattern, though.

4. I love making (and eating) rice flour waffles. They are lighter than their wheat flour counterparts and there is really no danger of over stirring the batter. A waffle iron was one of the first things I bought for my kitchen when I moved away from home. The best waffles have toasted pecans in the batter and are served with real maple syrup. Mmmm. Now I'm hungry for waffles.

5. I love writing with fountain pens. Since high school I've primarily written with a fountain pen. I only really use a ball point when I have to fill out a form that uses carbon copies. My current pen is a black Lamy Safari with an extra fine nib. I had an identical red Lamy but I lost it (the black pen is its replacement).

6. I started my undergraduate program in Pre-med because I was interested in becoming a forensic pathologist. I didn't enjoy doing all the first year science courses all at once, though, so I switched to a double degree in philosophy and mathematics with a minor in classics.

I don't know who to pass this on to so I will skip the tagging of 6 others.

The way things are going I should have a finished, or almost so, sweater to show off tomorrow. I really want to cast on for my hand spun sweater which has motivated me to finish the one already on the needles (though not the two which need to be sewn up).

1 comment:

OzB said...

Wow Jen!! How cool your meme is. Meteorites huh? Who'da thunk it? I enjoyed reaing all of it!

Thanks for sharing :-)