Friday, November 30, 2007

Following the pattern

I'm going to be busy today so I thought I'd get my posting done early. It helps that I also have a project finished early this morning.
uzume finished
Pattern: Uzume
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: 2.25 mm DPNS
Notes: I changed the heel to a short row heel to accommodate the dark yarn. Otherwise I tried to stick to the pattern.

I say that I tried to stick to the pattern because as Io was tucking in my ends I realized that the ribbing on the first sock is 2x1 but the ribbing on the second sock is 2x2. Whoops. You can hardly tell from the right side, which is why I made the mistake, so I don't think I will redo the ribbing. I may give the recipient the option of having me redo the ribbing. If I do redo the ribbing I will do more rows of it because I find these socks don't stay up as well as they might.

I have learned my lesson, though. When it comes time to start a second sock it is worth checking with the pattern instead of quickly eye balling the finished sock. Live and learn.

No comments: