Friday, November 23, 2007

Gah!

I just realized that I accidentally posted last night's post to the Autumn Rose blog instead of this one. This is the second time I've done this. I thought I'd learned from the first time. Anyway here is the post that should have been posted here last night and today's post is right after it.

I was hoping to have my black and white socks done by tonight's post but then I got distracted by non knitting things. I did, however, manage to get the heel turned on the second sock so now it's just straight leg knitting from now on.

I like the way the toe up gusset heel is worked in these socks. There are no stitches to pick up because the gusset is worked in increases along the sides and then decreased away on the way up to the leg. Very cool. When I get time I'd like to play around with using this sort of technique for cuff down socks. I prefer knitting from the top down because it makes it easy to change the length of the socks if they come out too long or two short. I also like gussets but could live without having to pick up stitches on the heel flap.

Knowing knitting I'm sure someone else has already figured something like this out but it still seems like an interesting challenge. It will have to wait until after Christmas knitting, though.

No comments: