Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Twist and rib

Today was a good knitting day. My needles arrived in the mail so I can resume work on the grey and red gift and I knit most of a sock that should actually fit. Hurray for taking time to figure out gauge. I am half an inch of ribbing away from being done the sock I started yesterday, which I will now refer to as the black and white sock. Oh the effort it takes to maintain the mysteries of gifts.

This sock's pattern is all done with knits and purls and it definitely feels like more work for my hands. The result, though, is quite funky and it should be warm. I might go back to my grey and red project tomorrow to give my hands a break. With my early December deadline there won't be much waiting until the pair is finished whatever I end up knitting on tomorrow.

No comments: