Saturday, November 10, 2007
I finished knitting this sweater back in April or May but I only now got around to putting the finishing touches on it. The first zipper I installed back when I finished the knitting was at least an inch too long so the sweater buckled pretty badly. I wore the sweater for a while anyway but then I gave up and ripped it out.
The last couple of days I have sewn green ribbon to the new zipper,sewn the zipper to the sweater and then stitched the edge of the ribbon down. I also knit an i-cord edging along the front which makes the whole zipper look more professional in my opinion. Pockets have been sewn in and buttons attached. Here are some pictures of the details:
One of these days I might also add a breast pocket to draw the eye up. I tried to knit just such a pocket but it wasn't coming out like I wanted so it will just have to wait. As before, I'm going to wear it anyway.