Saturday, November 24, 2007

Finished and resumed

grey and red
The grey and red project is all finished. I am really glad that most of the people I'm knitting for have hand and foot sizes similar to my own. The only downside of being able to try things on to test for fit is that I know I could easily keep the finished product for myself.

Pattern: To be announced, though I'm sure some of you can guess.
Yarn: Louet Gems super fine merino. One skein in Cloud Grey and one in Burgundy with left overs of both colours.
Needles: 2.5 mm and 3 mm addi DPNs

This means that I have a week and a bit to knit a pair of socks (maybe two), a hat and a pair of mittens. I actually think this is doable. It helps that I am part way through the first pair of socks.

If you recall back at the beginning of November (about the 7th) I cast on for a pair of socks in a lovely dark Trekking yarn. I set them aside because I wasn't thrilled with how the heel was coming out and I had other things to knit. I have decided to put in a short row heel instead of the flap heel the pattern suggests. We'll see how this goes.

One last thing because I can't keep wordplay to myself. When I discovered last night that I had posted to the wrong blog on Friday I was in a hurry to correct my mistake. I realized after that I really should have referred to this mistake as my "NaBloPoMo D'oh". That is all.

1 comment:

the Knitters Block said...

Hi Jenny! Found you through the Autumn Rose KAL. I'm guessing the project is Anemoi Mittens. They look beautiful. Someone is going to have lovely hands this winter.