Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Some spinning

I thought I'd take a quick break from socks and show off some sock yarn. Ok, I'm a bit sock centered at the moment.

This is a 50 g. skein of 3 ply fingering weight worsted spun Blue Face Leicester. I spun it up a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It is not the most even I've ever spun but I also wasn't trying very hard to keep my singles nice and even; I was just enjoying spinning it and playing with my wheel.
It is a Fleece Artist wool and I really like the colours. I wasn't aiming for stripes or subtle progressions so I just spun each bit as I felt at that moment. I was quite impressed with how close I came to dividing it into 3 given the fact that I just eyeballed it and then didn't spin really evenly. Once I'd plied the 3 bobbins of singles together I only had this much left on the bobbins:

Now I just need to spin up some of the white BFL roving I bought so that I'll have enough yarn for some socks.

No comments: