Saturday, November 3, 2007

A finished knit



This is a Pecan Pie Beret from knitty. I finished it a week or so ago but hadn't gotten around to snapping pictures of it. I enjoyed knitting it and am really happy with the final result. It is also the first of my Christmas knitting.

Pattern: Pecan Pie Beret
Yarn: The Fibre Company Terra (Cochineal colourway) and Noro Kureyon (221)
Needles: Bamboo DPNs size 3.5mm
Modifications: only yarn substitution

This was the first time I'd used either of these yarns and I enjoyed using both of them. I can see why Kureyon is popular. It was also my first attempt at Brioche stitch and I'm sure I'll be using it again sometime soon. It seemed like as soon as I learned the stitch I was seeing it everywhere on sweaters and boots. I like the way knitting sometimes makes you notice things like that for the first time.



The cat loves this hat and kept sleeping on it while it was blocking. She also decided that she couldn't be left out of a photo shoot with what I'm sure she thinks of as her hat.

No comments: