Friday, November 16, 2007

Done

j&h finished
My brother's Christmas gift is now all done. It still needs a wash and a block but it is otherwise ready to go. This is a good day to finish it too since it is his birthday today. I'd wish him a happy birthday but I'm pretty sure (and I certainly hope) that he doesn't read the blog.
Pattern: Jackyll & Hide
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran. 3 balls of white.
Needles: 5mm addi circular (I used a version of the magic loop method because I didn't have any double pointed needles in the right size)
Modifications: I changed the decreases along the top and made them paired decreases with a couple of stitches between. The only other change I made was to the distance between the end of the ribbing and the beginning of the eyes; since the pattern says it should be 4 inches but the diagram says 5 inches I took the average and did 4.5.

Ken helped me get a modeled shot:
j&h worn

2 comments:

Briley said...

That's so cool! He'll love it. I've been wanting to find the time to make this, too.

Alice said...

that has got to be one of the best FO shots I've seen in months!