Thursday, November 12, 2009

Temptation

I had this morning off since I was on the evening shift. I took advantage of the free morning to make a quick run to Golden Willow, my LYS. The plan was to pick up a ball of sock yarn destined to be knit up into a very plain pair of socks that I want to knit as a present to be gifted next week.

I thought I might buy one of the more heavily patterned self striping sock yarn since I never get a chance to use it with most of my socks. After much contemplating I ended up buying a much plainer ball of Trekking XXL. The more patterned stuff just really didn't speak to me.

So I picked out my sock yarn and made my way to the till. And right there near the till was a jar full of Magpie Woodworks spindles. I have often considered ordering one of these spindles and here was a whole selection of them available without the worries of shipping. I succumbed to temptation. I am now the very happy owner of a top whorl cherry spindle.

My plans to cast on and get to work on this slightly rushed pair of socks gave way to playing with my new toy. I regret nothing.

1 comment:

OzB said...

hehehe...love that spindle :-) Now git knitting those socks. Wanna finish mine too?