Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Coffee and knit night

More or less since I moved back to Regina my friend Veronica and I have been getting together Tuesday nights to drink warm caffeinated beverages, chat and knit. Two or three weeks ago I didn't have a portable project on the go so I grabbed some sock yarn and some needles and a pattern book. My plan was to start knitting some new socks but all of the patterns in the book required a bit more focus than I had that night. So I cast on for yet another pair of Monkey socks.

It was just as well I didn't get started on something more complicated since I realized shortly after that the yarn I had picked up was already half gone. I decided to use some contrasting yarn for the heels and toes of my Monkey socks so that if I ran out it wouldn't be as obvious.

So far so good. I am finished one sock up to the toe and am about this far into the second sock:

At my current rate of progress I will need to find a new project for next week's knit night. I will also have the first of my Christmas knitting done. Hurray for Monkey socks.

2 comments:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Nice to see you back blogging, Jennny! And one can never go wrong with monkeys. It's fact.

OzB said...

Oh those monkeys are cute! I'm knitting the last of my Xmas gifts - socks for Mum. Not loving the yarn....dems de breaks sometimes.