This morning before work I managed to finish spinning the last of my spindle singles. I was planning on letting them rest a little before trying to ply them up. That didn't happen.
After making a couple of really small samples, I decided that I wanted to make a 3 ply yarn. Going by weight I tried to split the singles into 3 equal parts. I wrapped the singles around some large marbles I had on hand and then plied from these balls.
I must admit that there was some cursing in the early going. Part of my problem was that the cat decided to help by chasing my little balls. I took a short break and when I picked it up again things went much more smoothly.
I'll probably make a small skein tomorrow and set the yarn. I look forward to seeing how the final product turns out.