Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ups and downs


Work continues on the Overdue hat. I have added ear flaps and despite needing to unravel them so they will fit better and unraveling and reknitting the crown of the hat I am actually feeling pretty upbeat and optimistic about the hat. It is no longer a hat of doom. It helps knowing that all I have to do is reknit ear flaps and crown and that otherwise the hat fits. Soon the Overdue hat will be done and all I will have to do is tuck in dozens of yarn ends. Yippee. Sisyphus could take a break from the stone and knit this hat.

Since the hat is on a bit of a roll (roll up, roll down, roll up, roll down) the scarf has been set aside. I've added maybe an inch to its length. As promised, though, here is the stitch pattern I am following:

Cast on an even number of stitches (40 in my case) and knit one row. The rest follows a four row repeat.
Row 1: K1, *insert the right needle into the the stitch in the row below the next stitch, K1* repeat between * and end K2
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: K2, repeat between * from Row 1
Row 4: Knit

It is incredibly easy once you get the hang of knitting into the row below every second stitch. I'll take some pictures on how its done and post them (maybe tomorrow).

No comments: