I managed to fill my spindle up with dark BFL singles tonight. I think I was spinning a bit too fine for the weight of my spindle because I had problems with breakage. To avoid these problems and for reasons of speed I did the plying on my wheel. The Turkish spindle produces a center pull ball of yarn so the natural thing to do was make a two play working off of the inside and outside of the ball. I'm quite happy with the resulting yarn:
I also managed to do a bit of knitting in the last couple of days. Ken's overdue hat is a couple of inches along. It is a Ragamuffin hat from the Loop-d-loop book upsized for a large adult head. The allover cable really makes for a dense material which should be nice on cold days.