Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ongoing hat


Work continues on the Overdue hat. I am trying to work out the decreases for the top. I'm not sure whether to try my own thing or follow the pattern. I've started with my own system but I might rip back. I'll wait until tomorrow to decide, though.

Once this is finished it should be incredibly warm and pretty windproof. All the cables take time but result in a nice thick fabric. The colour does result in more than a few ends to tuck in, though.

I'd like to get this finished but I am sorely tempted to cast on for another hat or a pair of socks just for a change. Cabling every stitch every four rows can start to get to a person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hat is looking wonderful. I love how those little bursts of colour are scattered throughout it like confetti. It's really a gorgeous hat, although I can see why you would want a change. I admire your strength with all those cables! Keep going, it's looking great!