Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hurray for progress

So my original plan was to work on my sock so that I could have a picture that actually looked a bit like a sock with an interesting pattern. I did work some on the sock but I am still a good ways away form the heel.

Instead I've been working on the shawl and if my progress isn't all that photogenic at least it feels like I'm really moving forward with this project. I have finally completed the little feathers that make up the majority of the area of this shawl. Now I have to knit the last lace motif twice and then do the edging. The end is in sight, if not exactly near. I'm always happy to move from one section of a lace project to another since it breaks up the monotony of doing the same thing for row after row after row.

You can't see much in this photo (poor lighting and unblocked lace are not a great combination) but trust me it shows the end of little feathers.

No comments: