Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fin(n)ished

mingus finished
Ta da, the Mingus socks are finished. I used Shibui Sock yarn and 2.25 mm DPNs. I'm really happy with how these socks turned out. All of the twisted stitches really make the pattern pop.

While I'm on the topic of socks, I found these while looking around Ravelry for something to do with my sport weight sock yarn: Finnish knee socks. As you may have noticed, I love knee socks and these look like they might actually stay up. They also look like they should go well with any number of skirts. Now all I have to do is learn Finnish... Actually I think I should be able to muddle my way through using the internet's translation abilities. It also helps that there is a chart for the cable and the legend should give me most of the knitting terms I need.

I won't be casting on for these right away because I still have a shawl to finish. In fact I had a couple of crows outside my window this morning reminding me that the shawl needs to be finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your socks turned out beautifully! Love the wavy pattern on them. Isn't Ravelry wonderful for finding that perfect pattern? :) I'm so envious of your shawl...let's see more! Just kidding, I don't think that's a shawl you want to rush. Hopefully I'll be able to start my own soon.