Sunday, March 30, 2008

New and Improved

Sorry for the radio silence. This past weekend we painted the bedroom (what was once a dark green is now a nice white) and paint fumes always make me a bit weird. Now that I trust myself to type in complete sentences I can show off all the knitting I have been doing.

First off I decided that since it didn't take all that long to knit the button band the first time I was better off biting the bullet and reknitting it while everything was easy to unravel. I also took some better pictures:




Pattern: Tangled Yoke from Interweave Knits Fall 2007

Yarn: 8.5 balls of New Lanark Donegal Silk Tweed DK in the Apricot

Needles: 2.5 mm

Modifications:
on purpose: I made each sleeve about an inch longer. I also left of the bobbles in the yoke pattern.
mostly on purpose: I made the body an inch longer. This came about partly because I somehow screwed up my decreases and increases and needed to do an extra row of increases.

I really like this sweater, though I am still getting used to the neckline. I have one shirt with a similar neckline that I can wear under it but the other shirts I've tried look a bit odd to me.

No sooner did I finish this sweater than I cast on for my next sweater:

I just feel like I should be knitting sweaters these days. Maybe it is spring in the air. Or maybe I'm just on a crazy knitting jag since I also have a couple of pairs of socks in the works at the moment. I should have a finished pair to show off in the next day or two.

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

I like the added length to be honest. I hate short sweaters, makes you feel like you are exposed or something.

Feel free to pass along some of your sweater knitting mojo will ya?