Monday, March 17, 2008

Increasing (screw the socks)



I think that knitting a bunch of socks really prepares you to enjoy sweater knitting. Of course a sweater can't be finished as quickly as a pair of socks but after working on all of that fine gauge, tight knitting a sweater flies along. I've got about 7 inches of sweater done already and I've now finished the waist decreasing and am moving on to the increasing. This excites me.

My poor scarf is finished and hastily blocked and photographed but it will have to wait for another day when I'm not so in love with my sweater. Similarly the socks which I wanted to cast on this weekend have been put to the side for a bit longer. All I want to do is knit sweater.

1 comment:

OzB said...

The sweater is looking great Jenny. I hear ya on the love of sweater knitting. There's definite job satisfaction when you finish a sweater!