Sunday, March 16, 2008

I want to knit sweaters (and socks)

I didn't post yesterday because I anticipated actually getting something on the needles today. It was strange going without knitting for a few days. I watched television shows and didn't knit. I attended class and I didn't knit. I drank coffee and didn't knit. I read knitting blogs and didn't knit. Very strange.

I did get some spinning done, though:

I think I now have enough yarn of the same weight spun for socks. I was going to cast on today but then I cast on for a sweater for some easy knitting. The socks may have to wait a couple of days to get started.

The sweater I cast on for is Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It should be straight forward knitting until I get to the cabled yoke. I've wanted to knit this sweater since it came out but now I have the yarn and the weather is starting to change. I feel like I need to get a move on my sweater knitting while it is still cool enough to wear them. I also have my bright red sweater/jacket that I want to knit but have yet to fully design. Once these two sweaters are done I will still have a couple more sweaters waiting in the wings. Remind me, when does the summer weather kick in?

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

I so want to knit a sweater, I just can't decide on what to do. Sadly it will have to come from the stash.

What would you suggest for a truck load of Briggs&Little sport weight in grape?? I really do love this colour!