Sunday, December 30, 2007

Squirelly Socks

squirrelly

I got my squirrel socks done a couple of days ago. The recipient seems to like them and has worn them three or four times since I gave them to her. These were a fun, easy and quick knit. They are a basic cuff down sock (60 sts on 2.75mm needles) with a short row heel. I worked the squirrel pattern, from Squirrelly Swedish Mittens, into the top and the toe. I used Patons Kroy 4 ply sock yarn; not the softest stuff but a perfectly fine yarn to knit socks out of.

In other knitting news, my bird mittens are nearly done. I have finished knitting both, though I think I may rip out and reknit the thumb on one. I wasn't catching the yarn on long floats the first time round and I find the thumb a bit tricky to put on because of this. Once the thumb is reknit it will just be a matter of tucking in ends, sewing up the picot edging and putting the final details on the bird. Then they will get a good washing and blocking and will be ready to go. And after they are in the mail I will be able to get back to working on my Raven shawl.

2 comments:

knitty_kat said...

They look fantastic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.