Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finished in time

Well I'm back from my short and early Christmas trip home. I didn't knit as much as I might have; I was too busy visiting to have much focus for other things. I did, however, do enough knitting to get the presents done that I needed.
xman in hat
This is my favorite of my last minute finished gifts. I designed this monster hat for my nephew. It is a basic top down hat made of Debbie Bliss DK merino and some other left overs (you might recognize the green from my sweater and the white from the balaclava). I did a picot edge and made the brim two layers thick because I am a huge fan of warm ears.

I also got a picture of my brother wearing his gift with his son's gift. I think they go well together.
tim in hat and balaclava

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

ha ha ha! That hat is awesome!!! Great job. And the baclava, I love it too.

Glad that you had a good visit. We should see if we can arrange a quick get together over the holidays!

Cheers!