Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good mail

I'm still not feeling 100% but I think I have recovered my will to knit. I'm slowly working away at the lovely Irtfa'a and I have now cast on for one of the wonderful Bird in Hand mittens. I'm not sure all of my planned knitting will be done by Christmas but at least now I'm felling that it might be finished someday. This cold really seemed to target my knitting energy and I'll be glad to see the last of it.

Just in time to cheer me up and help me along the road to recovery I received this wonderful yarn in the mail.
prize yarn
It is a lovely sock yarn from Perchance to Knit. What makes it particularly nice is that I won it thanks to Ravelry's Sock Knitter's Anonymous group. Every month they have a challenge and so far I've managed to complete a pair of socks for each challenge. When time is up they randomly draw from among the finished entries and prizes are sent out. My Highland knee socks and a random number generator won me this great skein of yarn. It is and 80/20 merino/cashmere mix so I'll have to find a really nice pair of socks to knit it into.

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

ooh! Congrats! I signed up for that group as well and the Christmas knitting started. You'll have to bring it to the next meet up so we can all pet it!