Saturday, December 15, 2007

'snot much knitting

I've got a bit of a cold and it is really interfering with my knitting. It started out as a sore throat and lack of energy and now it has added runny nose to its repertoire. I've been spending most of my time laying around the house which one might think would lead to a lot of knitting getting done. The problem is that while I think I feel up to knitting I do not feel up to all of the work that goes into casting on for a new project. I should be working away at a hat, a pair of mittens and two pairs of socks but I can't organize myself enough to cast on for any of them. The only thing I have started is my Irtfa'a shawl, which means I'm spending my time feeling stuffed up and out of it and working on a complex lace shawl. I seem to be capable of following the instructions but it is taking me forever to identify where I have made mistakes.
early irtfa'a
Maybe tonight I will be able to work myself up to casting on for nice simple sock that goes better with congestion. Wish me luck and a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

ooh - I hope you feel better soon! Lots of sleep, liquids and simple sock knitting should be in order!