Sunday, December 6, 2009

No problem (?)


The sweater is coming along really well. I have the body within an inch of where I will join the sleeves and I'm about half done the first sleeve. I don't think that finishing in time will be an issue. Now I'm just hoping that I won't run out of yarn.

I have 4 full skeins of yarn left. I think the sleeves will take about a ball and a half each, which will eat up 2 of the remaining balls. This should be enough to add a bit to the body and knit the shoulder section. I also have some small balls of the orange yarn thanks to the intarsia section.

I based my yarn needs for this sweater on the Swisher sweater I knit last year out of similar yarn. This sweater is longer but knit at a looser gauge. I also didn't use as much of the brown as I guessed I would so I effectively have about 2 balls fewer than I estimated I'd need. I think the looser gauge will save me, but it might be close.

Whenever I knit a sweater I'm always sure one minute that I will have tons of yarn leftover and then ten minutes later I'm sure that I will run seriously short. This is just one of the things that makes knitting sweaters interesting.

No comments: