Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Now with sleeves

Well the yoke sweater now has sleeves. It took me a few tries to get the sleeve length and shape right which means I now have a couple of extra ends to tuck in when it is finished. I like them as they are now, though.

I decided to do the cuffs using a size smaller needle and discovered that I do have 5.5 mm DPNs after all, but I don't have 5 mm DPNs. Grr. So I knit the cuffs using the 5.5 mm DPNs and slightly fewer stitches. As a result I knit the stockinette portion of the sleeves flat and the garter portion in the round. In other words I unintentionally made sure I was always purling every second row.

Now I'm planning to pick up stitches for the button bands and the bottom of the sweater. I'm still debating whether I should knit these in 2x2 ribbing or garter. There is also a little voice telling me I should skip the button bands and put a zipper in instead. I'll sleep on it and decide how to finish this sweater in the morning.

1 comment:

OzB said...

Loving it Jen :-)

Poor Tempest...LOL! It's gonna get blue sweater envy LOL.