Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two days off

I had Sunday and Monday off this week and I used my free time to finish a pair of socks and start a vegetable garden. I'll post pictures of the garden once it starts looking like more than turned earth. If I had thought to bring my camera I could have taken a picture of the little toad who was already laying claim to my bit of dirt. I love having toads in the garden since they keep the bugs and slugs down. For me toads are a real novelty since I'd never seen one in the wild before moving here.

Enough about toads and more about knitting. Monday morning I finished my socks after puttin gin some serious knitting time on Sunday (some of which was at the market):

Pattern: Tesserae from Knitspot
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy. It started out bright pink, or 'cool fire' as they call it but after a dye bath ended up a nice series of purples. This picture doesn't capture the colours as well as the previous one, but oh well. I'd love to use this yarn again. It has great variegation without a tendency to stripe and it is lovely and soft.
Needles: Bamboo 2.25 mm DPNs

These are a really nice easy pair of socks. The great thing is that they fit like a ribbed pair of socks but are more visually interesting. These socks would make great gifts, but I have no plans to share mine. Soon I will own no socks but hand knit socks.

No comments: