Ok, so twice a week was a bit ambitious. I have had things to show but by the time I get a chance to take their pictures the good light has gone. Sigh. I had planned to use my day off yesterday to make real knitting progress but I only half succeeded. I did get one sock finished:
It is a simple design I came up with when I needed something to knit while visiting the hospital. I used Shelridge Farm's Soft Touch Ultra. I love the colours and softness of this yarn but I also find it somewhat cursed. I've started several socks with it before only to end up frogging them. Part of my problem was that it took me a while to realize that I needed to use 2.5 mm needles since 2.75 produced a fabric that had too much drape and 2.25 was too stiff. Having solved this I think I will be more successful using this yarn for socks. However the proper needle size did not prevent me from messing up my pattern's heel:
I don't like how the cable/rib looks as it passes the heel. I almost frogged it when I noticed but then I came to my senses and realized that there is no reason that this pair of socks has to be perfect so I'll live with it. I may try something different on the second sock or I may stick to making them match. We'll see.
I meant to do some work on solving the difficulties I'm having with my sweater but I didn't get around to it. Soon, though, soon.