Friday, June 13, 2008

More about toads

Gah, it's been too long without a blog post. Since I last posted I started to knit Tempest, decided I wasn't completely sure about the colours I chose, restarted with a new yarn, and am now a sleeve and a half from finishing. But I have no photos due to a combination of weather, free time and having the stairs of our apartment painted. The first picture of this sweater will probably be the modeled finished shot. Oh well, at least I have been finding time for knitting.

Since I don't have any knitting pictures I thought I'd share a picture from work. I've been keeping my eye on a little toad tadpole that came inside on some plants. Today I discovered that it was no longer a tadpole. It was a tiny little toad. I found him a nice spot outside so he can keep growing into a helpful, full size, bug-eating toad.

And yes I realize this blog is becoming a knitting/spinning/toad blog but what can you do when they are so cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh now he is cute!! So tiny. :D Nice of you to nurture him along like that, too. Can't wait to see your current WIP, too. Happy knitting!!

knitty_kat said...

It's ssssoooo cool! I'm gonna have to come back up to see all the toadies. Love the toads & frogs. Hmm, maybe I'll just bring my tent!

OzB said...

Awww Jenny!! That is the tiniest and cutest little toad ever! Whatever will you do when all the little taddies turn into little toads? LAUGHING...

Oh, and Kat, don't forget to bring an umpty-gazillion litre mother-freakin can of bug spray with you when you bring your tent to The Bog LOL

kataish said...

oh my GOD the little toadlet is SO ADORABLE!

Made By Tammy said...

That toad is so Adorable and Tiny. I didn't think it was real at first!