The doomed sock was frogged and restarted as a simple 3 by 1 ribbed sock. To make things interesting I thought I'd try a toe-up sock with a gusset heel. It has been a learning experience with bits ripped out more than once. Now I'm just plugging along on the leg waiting until I run out of yarn.
I think the colour combination of pinks and greens is mildly cursed. I bought some great pink and green yarn at the Knitter's Fair on the weekend and I've started knitting it up for a sock pal. So far this is what I have:
It is the Mad Weave, which I really like. I am not sure that I like this pattern with this yarn, though. I've got a little voice in the back of my head telling me that this yarn should be a Monkey. I'll probably be frogging tonight.