Monday, September 17, 2007

Pink and Green and Finished




These socks almost deserve a saga of their own. They are for my New York Sock Exchange pal. I bought the yarn, Zen String's Serendipity fingering, from The Sweet Sheep at the Knitter's Fair specifically for my pal's socks. The yarn is nice but it has a mind of its own. It didn't look right as a Mad Weave sock so I tried it as a Monkey but that didn't work either. Finally I went back to the Waterfall sock pattern on size 2.5 mm needles.

The yarn worked well with the pattern, though the feet turned out quite differently on the two socks. I modified the pattern a bit to make the heel Eye of Partridge. I highly recommend this pattern, especially for gift socks, because it is a really nice lacy ribbed pattern with a lot of give; it produces socks that could fit a variety of foot and leg circumferences.

The socks are now drying and with any luck my pal's package should be in the mail by tomorrow. Wish it luck going through customs; my pal live in the States and I'm up here in Canada.

And now I'm off to work on planning out my Scarlet sweater...

1 comment:

knitspot anne said...

oh those socks are sweet a can be! you did a great job.