Friday, July 20, 2007

Just Peachy

Yesterday I was in the mood for some knitting multi-tasking so I cast on for a sweater:

This is Something Red using Blue Sky Cotton in a lovely peach colour. It is also the polar opposite of my Norwegian socks. I picked up 4 skeins of this yarn at Lettuce Knit when I was in Toronto for the Yarn Harlot's talk. I fell in love with the colour and softness and I decided to make some sort of tank top out of it. Once home I searched the internet for patterns using this yarn just to get an idea of how it would work (this was before I was on Ravelry). I found and fell in love with the 'Something Red' pattern instead, so when we stopped in Toronto en route to Montreal I went back to Lettuce Knit and picked up a couple more skeins. I knit a swatch when I got home but decided I wanted to wash the swatch before I figured out my gauge. Yesterday I finally washed the swatch and started the sweater. This will be the third sweater I've made and the first sweater knit top down. So far so good.

I was going to limit this post to a description of my new project, but then I got some lovely fleece in the mail today. I ordered this fleece from London-Wul. I got some hand dyed Polwarth:


and some Dark Welsh top:

There is only one bag of the Polwarth but I put in two pictures because it looks so different from the front and back.

I shouldn't be bored this weekend.

No comments: