Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gardening

I don't have much to show by way of knitting today. I finally found some bamboo double pointed needles size 3.25 (at Zellers of all places), which means I have started knitting a Norwegian sock that will actually fit me. I started yesterday afternoon and I about the same place on the sock as I was back on the 13th. I will take a picture when there is something new to see. The too small sock is on hiatus until I can decide what to do with it. I know I'm not going to frog the whole thing but I also don't think I will finish it as is.

In lieu of knitting pictures here are some pictures from my garden. I have a plot in a nearby community garden, and I'm enjoying my first attempt at a vegetable garden.
My very tiny bush beans:

One of my ever growing cantaloupes:

The first of my eggplants:

A butternut squash flower:

Finally a rudimentary frame I made today so that my melon plants don't take over the whole garden:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice picture of the squash flower.