Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Abandonment of Knitting

I'm sure I'm not alone in having set down my knitting in favour of reading this weekend. I picked up a copy of Harry Potter late Saturday afternoon and had it finished by Sunday evening. During that time I think I knit two rows on my sweater and four on one of my socks. No spinning at all was done, despite the presence of new and enticing fiber.

I think I have made up for it today. I've been blasting away at my sweater. The pattern is wonderfully straight forward and the yarn is soft and thick. It is nice to have something progress this quickly and easily:




You may notice that my hair is shorter now than it was last time I took a sweater photo. I got a hair cut last Tuesday and I really couldn't be happier how it came out.

No comments: