I'm back and this this time I have pictures. But first I wanted to say thanks for the comments, ravelry messages and email. It is nice to know that it wasn't only my mother who missed my blog. I have enough finished and semi finished objects that I'm having a hard time deciding what order to show them off in.
Today I actually finished a project which made the blogging decision easy.
I cast on for this vest on October 3rd and really rushed through the knitting of it. It is a modified version of Eunny Jang's Deep V Argyle Vest. I didn't want my neckline to plunge as much as the pattern suggested and I wanted the fitting a bit looser. So I drew my modifications onto the chart and started knitting. The whole thing was a bit seat of the pants. I did a swatch using 3.5 mm DPNs and almost got gauge so I just grabbed my 3.75 mm circular and started knitting (with my fingers crossed).
When I cut the steeks I realized that there was too much fabric at the top of the vest. I needed to get rid of a couple of inches to make things fit properly.
I decided to wash and block it first in case it was going to fix itself. After letting it dry for a couple of days I realized that I would actually have to do some ripping back. I was worried that this would be a really complicated procedure but it was actually quite easy. I ripped both fronts back a couple of decreases/inches and then I ripped the backs a couple of rows to match. I had to adjust the crochet on the steeks but that was also easier than I feared it would be.
All in all I'm happy with my first sweater vest. I'm trying to ignore/forget that I missed a row in the middle of the thing so some of the diamonds are a bit off.
Now I can start planning a proper argyle vest using some of my handspun...