Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas socks

My Christmas knitting has begun in earnest. Today I cast on for a pair of socks using one of the skeins of Blue Moon Fibers that I got in the mail last month. I started by casting on for the Herringbone socks from the Winter Interweave Knits which arrived in the mail today.

I cast on for the smaller size but soon realized that it was going to be too small to fit over the heel. I could have cast on for the larger size but since I was finding some of the slip stitches fiddly and time consuming I decided to use a different pattern.

Since I have yet to knit a proper pair of Monkey socks I cast on this quick and charming pattern. Second time was the charm. I'm really happy with how the yarn is striping in this pattern and how quickly it is knitting up.


Poor Vinnie didn't get any attention today, though I did add a few more rows to the green shawl. This should be a month of many projects, though the abandoned sweaters will likely not be worked on.

2 comments:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

How is it possible that you, who has knit every Cookie A sock, have not knit a proper Monkey sock??? I, on the other hand, have never not ever knit any other Cookie A sock besides the Monkeys. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Aren't Monkey's the BEST?!!? I really like how the striping is working out on yours. Looks really nice. :D
And dude, I'm going to send you any Christmas knitting that I can't get done so you can do it for me because you are the FASTEST knitter I know. Hope you don't mind. Hee hee!